I have been compiling an all-encompassing list of drone statistics. I use them to show to potential clients to show how my drone service can help them. If you are still on the fence about whether you should integrate drones into your business, whether you are a realtor, property developer, farmer or photographer, you should read on!
Here are some unbelievable drone statistics to help make your decision easier.
- According to MLS statistics, homes with aerial images sold 68 percent faster than homes with standard images
- According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), 73 percent of homeowners say that they are more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video to market their home; however, only 9 percent of agents create listing videos.
- An Australian real estate group reported seeing a 403 percent increase in traffic for listings that included video as compared to listings without.
- According to soldbyair, high volume agents use aerials 3.5x more often than low volume agents
- According to a joint report by Digital House Hunt, Google, and the NAR, 86% of homebuyers use videos to learn more about the community they’re considering moving to.
- 54% watch real estate videos for general information about a particular home.
- 44% of homebuyers use real estate videos to compare and contrast their choices.
- 38% say they use videos to learn about more specific features of a home.
- Social media video content is 3-times more likely to be shared.
- By 2018, 84% of all marketing communications will be visual-based.
- Consumers are 85% more likely to purchase a product or service if they watch an accompanying video.
- Real estate drone photography and videos can be quickly shared across all your social media marketing channels without costing you a penny.
- According to business wire, global demand for drones in real estate & construction industry will reach a cumulative market value of $20.5 billion between 2017-2025.
- According to the FAA’s newest estimates, we can expect about 7 million drones to ship to the U.S. by 2020
- The U.S. controls 35% of the global drone market — And, according to KPCB’s 2014 estimates, that makes America the largest drone market in the world.
- The FAA has issued more than 37,000 Remote Pilot Certificates to date.
- 10 Million acres mapped by DroneDeploy users generates an estimated $150 million in economic value for the commercial drone industry.
- 84% of drone mapping is occurring on drone models that cost $1500 or less.
- The FAA predicts that more than 420,000 commercial drone pilots will be licensed by 2021
- The current uses for drones include:
- Industrial Inspection: 42%
- Real Estate/Aerial Photography: 22%
- Agriculture: 19%
- Insurance 15%
- Government 2%
Do you remember the old joke about the two men being chased by a tiger (or bear), and one guy stops to put on his sneakers and when the other guy asks him why he is stopping to put on his sneakers to outrun the tiger. He replies, I don’t have to outrun the tiger, I have to outrun you.
If you are a high volume realtor and you work in a metropolitan area you probably already know the value of using drones on most of your property listings. But, if you are from a smaller, more rural area, you may be the only realtor in your office using drone photographers, and if you look at the statistics, that can make you a lot of sales.
Look at what we have done for businesses like yours on our portfolio.
Did this help you? Leave me a comment.